Come Unto Chirst

Come Unto Chirst

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hey Mom, 

This week has been amazing! I've grown so much. I've taught 4 lessons in spanish here at the CCM all anywhere from 20 to 45 min. I can understand most spanish but can hardly speak anything. 

I am in a trio companionship, Elder Cox, and Elder Kayser are my companions. I was called and set apart as district leader on Saturday, which is a ton of responsibility on top of having a 16 hour day each day. 

Today we went to the Bogota temple and it was beautiful. I have some pictures I'll send and some videos from my gopro since i took the sd card out of my gopro. My companions are awesome! The language is super hard, but I'm trying to do my best. 

Bogota is an interesting place and so very different than home. It's massive and has a huge population. The mountains are so pretty, with this foggy mist hanging over and on them all day. The weather is always the same, and hasn't changed yet. There is always a light rain during the day and low 70´s, I think, throughout the day. The CCM is pretty cool too, they never close any doors or windows. Some of the windows don't even close. There are no bugs here. I've seen a moth and beetle and that's it. My spelling is terrible so before sending this please check and correct it.

The food here puts your digestive system through a few phases. My companion, I won't say which one, wasn't able to go to the bathroom for 4 days until we went and asked the President's wife, Hermana Duval, for a pill. He's been good since.

Sorry I'm kinda all over the place. I have a lot to say and not a lot of time to say it so I'm trying to think of everything. Bogota is sorta like san antonio, tons of big buildings and highways and streets but it's kinda like post apocalyptic. The city is just dirty and old, lots of concrete. There isn't a single standing object that does not have graffiti on it, but some of the graffiti is pretty cool and almost professionally done. The cars here are so small, like a bunch of smart cars that can fit 5 people in them. And I don't think there are any driving laws.  I mean on the bus from the airport to the CCM we sped passed and cut off a police truck that had its lights on. Also no one stops at intersections you just kind of hope you don't get hit even if you are turning.  It's like a free for all and the motorcycles and mopeds are just so daring they squeeze through any space they can, We were going down the highway and passing another bus and a mopped came flying past in between and its like a shoulder width distance apart. 

Anyway, I love the mission so far. I miss you guys and hope all is well. I send Daniel my best wishes and hope Dad and Elias get home safe. 

Love Elder Gonzalez


Elder Cox

(Sam was having trouble sending pictures and didn't have any more time to send any of him.  Maybe next week!)                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment