Come Unto Chirst

Come Unto Chirst

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hey,
 
Holy cow, this week has been an absolute roller coaster. I received my latino companion about 4:30 Wednesday, he is from Florencia, Colombia. He's 18 and his name is Elder Silva. He's awesome! Everyone says we are the exact same person because of our humor and how we act. He has been awesome, but it's amazing how hard it is to only hear and speak spanish all day everyday. Mornings are great, I understand most everything and can speak and contribute. Afternoons get hard because I get tired from focusing on spanish, and nights get really rough. I've broken down more than once in the past few days. When I'm tired I start to get lost in conversations.  I can't keep up and I feel like a burden to my companion and class, but I'm just doing my best to make each day better than the day before.

I only have 4 days left in the MTC. It's crazy to think I've been here for 6 weeks. I can't comprehend that I'm actually going to be teaching real lessons in spanish in a few days. I'm super excited and super nervous as well.

Today was my last time probably to go to the temple for the next 22 and a half months. I enjoyed the Bogota temple every time we've gone. It's so beautiful, and when you go inside I completely forget the fact that I'm in a foreign country, I just feel at home.

Maya sounds like she's working super hard, same with Elias. I know they will both do great this next year in school, with band and swimming. Both of them are super talented. I'd love to get pictures of you guys in the emails, It's only been 6 weeks and while that's not too long it feels long at times. Tell Mari and Sarah hi for me. I bet they are still happy for me to be gone since they have their own rooms now.

I don't yet have my flight info yet, but I think my plane is 6ish Tuesday morning. We have to wake up at 3:30 am to get ready to leave and I think when I get to Quito I'll get to write so I'll let you know how my trip is.

As always I miss and love you guys. Thank you for writing and keeping me weekly company to look up too. I love getting emails!

Elder Gonzalez 
This picture was only the elders from Columbia, but they consider me Columbian because I have been speaking with them all week. Also Elder Londoño from France is in here because he hung out with us all week too. All great missionaries. 

Mis Amigos



Last time at the Bogota, Colombia Temple

 Elder Londoño de Francia, Elder Lugo de columbia, Y mi compañero Elder Silva de Columbia.

Hermano Sanabria, one of my teachers at the CCM


No comments:

Post a Comment