Come Unto Chirst

Come Unto Chirst

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hey dad,

I have no time to write, this is just a little note to let you know I'm safe. I arrived in Quito about 11ish today and I've already had a lesson and read mom's email. I love you so much and hope the family trip is awesome. Take great pictures for me, that ram is super cool!!! I love you all and miss you all so much. Stay safe, have fun, and don't forget to read the scriptures and pray together on the trip. I miss you a ton but I'm doing really good and loving every moment here. Pray for me to learn this language and to have the strength to make it through the first few months here, its going to be tough!

-Elder Gonzalez



Hey mom, 

I'm in Quito safe and sound. I got to fly first class it was super nice!! The flight was only an hour and 10 min long. Quito is absolutely beautiful. Just stunning!! The mountains are massive, they make Colombia look tiny. Today we had interviews with president and hung out at the church building. One of the zone leaders took me on a little trip to a member family's house where we shared a quick message about the sons of mosiah. I was able to bare my testimony and understood almost the whole discussion. I am the only new missionary in my group to actually do stuff yet. It was seriously so cool!!! I dont have much time but I love you guys and miss you guys. 

P.S. I left a voice mail on the home phone from the airport. I couldn't remember your cell number so I wasn't able to call you guys directly. Stay safe and have tons of fun and BTW I got all your letters. Thank you sooo much!!! 
                                                                         
 -Elder Gonzalez



Dear Brother and Sister Gonzalez ,
We are so pleased that Elder Gonzalez is serving in the Ecuador Quito Mission.  We welcome him with all our hearts and know that the special gifts he has been given from our Father in Heaven  and talents he has developed will bless the lives of those with and for whom he serves in a unique way only he can offer.  His dedicated service will further increase his abilities and character in remarkable ways.
There are currently 229 missionaries in our mission, serving in 14 zones.    Elder Gonzalez has been assigned to serve in Ambato with Elder Scanlon as his companion and trainer.  Elder Scanlon is known by the other missionaries as being hardworking, diligent,  excellent missionary.
   Attached are several photos that show Elder Gonzalez with his companion;  the group of missionaries with whom he arrived; and the group with their new trainers.  I have also invited you to a Facebook site for families of missionaries currently serving in our mission.  I encourage you to add pictures as he sends them to you.
We know and understand that there is sacrifice on your part both emotionally and financially to support him during this period of full time missionary service and we express our gratitude for your offering to further the work of inviting others to come unto Christ and to receive the blessings of the Gospel in their lives.
With our love and gratitude,
President and Sister Christensen
Misión Ecuador Quito

First day in Quito, Ecuador

Elder Gonzalez, first day in Quito, Ecuador

President and Sister Christensen and Elder Gonzalez

Elder Gonzalez with his new trainer, Elder Scanlon

New Missionaries and their trainers.

New Quito, Ecuador Missionaries

1 comment: